The Pigeon River Covered Bridge (also known as the Harrisburg Covered Bridge, McNutt’s and East Fork) is the oldest standing covered bridge in Tennessee. Located in Sevierville, it was an access point for the town which was known for craftsmen like Mill Builders in the 1800s.
The bridge was built in 1875 by Elbert Stephenson Early, who owned the nearby Newport Mill, one of many mills in the area. The mills processed corn for local farmers, much of which ended up as the key ingredient for their quietly produced whiskey. This remote area in the Smoky Mountains, provided the perfect seclusion from Whiskey Tax Collectors in the 1800s and prohibition enforcers in the early 20th century.
Our Tennessee Whiskey is based primarily on a corn mash bill with a small touch of malted barley – mirroring a mash bill that would have been common in the early days of Tennessee Whiskey. It is distilled two times, then mellowed by maple charcoal filtration following the traditional “Lincoln County Process,” before resting in new charred American white oak barrels. Once perfectly matured, beyond the minimum aging required for Straight Whiskey, it is non-chill filtered and bottled at 96 Proof.
Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey
Download Tech Sheet
Download Bottle Shot
Download Shelf Talker
Download 90 Point Shelf Talker